Preparing release 2.3.1

Ryan Lovett ryan at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Jul 18 19:21:48 CEST 2007

On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 02:00:14PM +0200, Alain Spineux wrote:
> Don't  forget your package is already included in some distribution
> and then widely available.

Given that python-ldap is packaged by almost everyone, (excluding
Microsoft, Apple, and Sun) what is there to gain with this binary
distribution effort? Would anyone using Debian/Ubuntu, Red Hat/Fedora,
SuSE, Mandriva, etc. require this project to distribute .egg files? I ask
out of genuine curiosity, not to dissuade whoever is interested from
pursuing this. I have no experience with using .eggs.

Ryan