Preparing release 2.3.1

Timur Izhbulatov TimurIzhbulatov at oilspace.com
Tue Jul 17 13:12:08 CEST 2007

Torsten Kurbad wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>> I'd like to release 2.3.1 soon.
> still one question: Do you plan to upload some .eggs to PyPI then?
> I meanwhile successfully build eggs for i686-linux as well as Mac OS X 10.4 PPC (Intel platforms should work the same way) using Py 2.3 + 2.4.
>
> Nice to have would be an egg for the Windows platform, which I can't build due to the lack of a proper Windows devel environment.
>
> Anyway, after 2.3.1 is released, I'd be happy to contribute the mentioned .egg files - could you then upload them to PyPI?
> I could do that, too, but it's for you to decide...

Hi guys,

Don't forget that the easy_install command works perfectly with project
download pages on sf.net. So, I don't think it is necessary to upload .eggs to
PyPI. In my opinion it would be better to keep files on sf.net and publish just
the URL to the download page on PyPI.

Best Regards,
--
Timur Izhbulatov
OILspace, 26 Leninskaya sloboda, bld. 2, 2nd floor, 115280 Moscow, Russia