patch: change sasl.h into sasl/sasl.h

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Fri Jun 1 12:00:11 CEST 2007

Alain Spineux wrote:

> May I suggest to change (in file LDAPObject.c )
>
>> #include <sasl.h>
>
> into
>
>> #include <sasl/sasl.h>
>
> That way you can change (in file setup.cfg)
>
>>  library_dirs = /usr/local/openldap- 2.3/lib
>>  include_dirs = /usr/local/openldap-2.3/include /usr/include/sasl
>
> into
>
>>  library_dirs = /usr/local/openldap-2.3/lib
>>  include_dirs = /usr/local/openldap-2.3/include
>
> That way gcc will use its own header location and not use the
> one installed in /usr/include/sasl by any linux distribution
> This is useful when having multiple version of gcc ...
>
> That way on my own system I don't need tu update setup.cfg.

Alain, this seems to make sense. But are you sure that it's valid for
all versions of Cyrus-SASL? I'd love to accept this change but I wonder
whether it will break older installations. Note that you can correct the
current include-statement by tweaking setup.cfg. But not the other way.

In OpenLDAP sources the following construct is used:

#ifdef HAVE_SASL_SASL_H
#include <sasl/sasl.h>
#else
#include <sasl.h>
#endif

I guess HAVE_SASL_SASL_H is set by autoconf though.