Compiling on windows

Jonathan Bowman bowmanj at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Feb 12 22:04:29 CET 2007

Yes, exactly. While we are at it, can we try to compile in sasl
support? The catch, so far, is, again, heimdal. It is not winsock
aware.

However, I have heard that it can be done. I am just stuck as to how.

Perhaps I should just ask a couple simple questions:

Should we use heimdal or MIT kerberos? I have been assuming heimdal,
as MIT kerberos does not compile with mingw/msys.

Should we use mingw/msys, or vc++? I have been assuming mingw/msys.

Is there a way to get mingw to use MIT kerberos libraries compiled with vc++?

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be grateful.

Thanks,
Jonathan Bowman