Compability issues with Python 2.5

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Mon Sep 18 22:45:12 CEST 2006

HI!

I suspect that python-ldap has some issues regarding changes in the C
API of Python 2.5. web2ldap with recent python-ldap crashes quite often.

Since my C knowledge is quite bad I need some volunteers. Anyone willing
to spend some spare time digging under Modules/ is encouraged to read
PEP 0353 and "What's New in Python 2.5":

http://docs.python.org/dev/whatsnew/ports.html

http://docs.python.org/dev/whatsnew/section-other.html (last two items
starting with "C API:")

http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0353/#conversion-guidelines

I've attached a unified patch of my first try to address these issues.
But I won't commit them now. Please review.