Sun ONE v5.2 build

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Sat Mar 27 09:20:47 CET 2004

Michal Kurowski wrote:

> It seems I am supposed to give up and change a directory server ;-).
> I have Sun ONE v5.2 on a Solaris 9 and I need to build python-ldap
> against it.

You cannot build recent python-ldap with Netscape/Sun libs, you need the
OpenLDAP 2.1+ libs for that. Off course you can use python-ldap to query a
SunONE server.

> I use gcc 3.3.1 and python-ldap-2.0.0pre20.

You can build and install the OpenLDAP libs in a completely separate
directory without the server demons.

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/openldap --disable-slapd --disable-slurpd

Depending whether you need SASL and/or SSL/StartTLS you have to build and
install Cyrus-SASL and/or OpenSSL before that.

And then adjust python-ldap's setup.cfg to match the prefix above.

library_dirs = /usr/local/openldap/lib
include_dirs = /usr/local/openldap/include