Noisy output with SASL-Authentication

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Tue Feb 3 18:44:49 CET 2004

Johannes Beigel wrote:
> Maybe libsasl is compiled with debugging output turned on there? I also
> noticed the option "-Q" to enable "SASL quiet mode" in the tool
> ldapsearch. Without this flag, ldapsearch produces the same output as my
> Python program.

Well, on my system I don't have such a noisy SASL debugging output. Even
when I compiled it myself. So maybe it's your local SASL installation. Maybe
you have time to dig into the OpenLDAP sources to find out what this -Q
switch really does. We can then decide whether it's feasible to expose that
in python-ldap.