Noisy output with SASL-Authentication

Johannes Beigel jojo at brainbot.com
Mon Feb 2 11:32:12 CET 2004

Hi.

[Sorry about the delay in my responses, but I'm only part-time working
in my company and I don't read my email every day.]

Michael Ströder wrote:
> Try to set this globally not only in your LDAPObject instance:
>
> ldap.set_option(ldap.OPT_DEBUG_LEVEL, 0)

Makes no difference (same output). I tried to set the option at
different places (before and after initialize()/digest_md5()/
sasl_bind_s(), but that yields all the same result).

I use python-ldap, OpenLDAP and libsasl on a Debian (woody/sid) system.
Maybe libsasl is compiled with debugging output turned on there? I also
noticed the option "-Q" to enable "SASL quiet mode" in the tool
ldapsearch. Without this flag, ldapsearch produces the same output as my
Python program.

Another question regarding SASL: Is there a python-ldap build for
windows with SASL-support? (Or: Are there any precompiled versions of
the Cyrus SASL library?)

Ciao,
jojo.