ANN: python-ldap-2.0.0pre14

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Fri Oct 3 15:30:06 CEST 2003

Marc Balmer wrote:

> In TODO you mention that you should "Define common license for all
> modules".  Have you considere putting everything under the very liberal
> and very free BSD license?  That would make the software as free as it
> can bee (more free than GPL).

It's definitely not GPL'ed. My aim is to have a Python style license as
already stated on the project's summary page. The intention is that you can
do with python-ldap whatever you are allowed to do with Python itself. Does
that suit your needs?

> Then, do you consider adding kerberosV support (which is in OpenLDAP)?

Not myself. There is some SASL support for Kerberos.

> If you don't, would you accept a patch if we didi it?

I'm not a C programmer therefore I prefer to keep myself away from sources
under Modules/. I'd accept a patch provided that you are willing to maintain
that part in the future (the next ~2 years).