compile python-ldap on macosx

Jens Vagelpohl jens at zope.com
Sat Oct 26 18:26:15 CEST 2002

i personally had no idea that ldap comes standard. so i poked around
and sure enough if you go to /etc/hostconfig and add a line that says...

LDAPSERVER=-YES-

then the built-in server starts up on system start. i then went in and
changed /System/Library/StartupItems/LDAP/LDAP to point to my
self-compiled slapd instead. works wonderfully.

i probably should make use of the built-in one instead. i just have to
change the configuration and *hope* that it can deal with my already
existing database files and my schemata...  but at any rate, at least
for folks who just want to use python-ldap as a client without running
a LDAP server the mere existence of the libraries and header files will
simplify building the module a lot.

jens