License (was: Re: TODO until python-ldap 2.0.0 final release)

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Fri Aug 23 15:58:36 CEST 2002

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
 > Michael Ströder wrote:
 >
 > >  http://www.python.org/psf/mission.html sounds much like that.
 > > from my read of those pages about the PSF i could not find anything that
> said the PSF licenses other software packages or offers to somehow be an
> umbrella for  python-related software.

My understanding of English is not perfect. That's for sure. Maybe
I misunderstood these items on the PSF mission list:

*  Establishes PSF licenses, ensuring the rights of the public to
freely obtain, use, redistribute, and modify intellectual property
held by the PSF.
[..]
*  Solicits and manages contributions to the Python codebase, and
may perform these services on behalf of other open source
Python-related codebases.

Let's wait for what Guido and David will answer.