Own pure Python parser for LDAPv3 schema support

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Tue Aug 13 19:54:23 CEST 2002

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
 > as far as performance goes, the subjective performance seems to
 > be the same as it was with the other implementation. not sure if
 > that's any kind of useful indicator, though.

I hoped that someone bites the bullet and uses
/usr/lib/python2.2/profile.py... ;-)

Also the __init__() methods of the schema element classes need
review to check whether they are consistent.

 > i plan on using this to
 > offer select widgets in places where i had to rely on people
 > typing objectClass names into text boxes before...

This is rather simple:

SubSchema.all_available(ldap.schema.ObjectClass)

Be warned that the API still might be changed without prominent
notification (there are some significant changes in the pipe not
checked in). I developed the stuff while implementing schema
support in web2ldap. Therefore it should contain almost everything
needed by applications.

Also be warned that there are many broken schemas out there in the
wild. Test your application against other products than OpenLDAP!