FYI: ldaptor

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Fri Jul 19 16:51:01 CEST 2002

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> i was thinking of dropping support for python-ldap < 2.0 in new releases
> of some of my python products. the problem that came to mind was that
> people might be reluctant to switch to the latest python-ldap version
> because the current release name, "2.0.0pre4", makes it sound like it's
> not a finished release.

Indeed it's not finished yet. Hence "pre".

I would be willing to release a "2.0.0pre05" soon.

> here's my question: since we all have been using 2.0.0pre4 very
> successfully (at least i have), would it be too much work to roll a
> 2.0.0 release either from 2.0.0pre4 or a later CVS-state?

We did not use 2.0.0pre4 "very successfully". Remember the issues
with performance fixed in current CVS? Remember open issues with
libldap_r and thread-locking?

I don't yet have much feedback of tests done with current CVS
version. I usually don't get much feedback if I ask questions like
"any objections against removing xyz...".