fetching the structure / obejctClass defs

Hans Aschauer Hans.Aschauer at Physik.uni-muenchen.de
Fri May 31 11:15:22 CEST 2002

On Mittwoch, 29. Mai 2002 13:40, Michael Ströder wrote:

[...]

> Now I can only do case-insensitive string matching which is most
> times right. But in a completely correct implementation the
> matching should be done according to the matching rules defined
> for these attributes used.

Michael, what do you think, would it be worth the effort digging into
the openldap sources in order to pythonize the server-side syntax
checking and attribute matching facilities for client use?

[One hour later after scanning the openldap sources] I think I could do
it, but for this I would need to teach myself "something" about BER.
Does anybody know of some high-level overview (i.e. tutorial style, not
RFC's) on this basic-encoding-rules thing (and, if possible, how it is
used in (open)ldap)?

The disadvantage of this borrow-code-from-openldap-approach is that we
will face some licensing fun, and that we will get more entangled with
the openldap server (i.e. syntax checking is only available for
syntaxes supported by the openldap server, etc.)

Hans

--
Hans.Aschauer at Physik.uni-muenchen.de