Stripped LDAPObject.c

Mauro Cicognini mcicogni at siosistemi.it
Fri Jan 4 10:42:11 CET 2002

Michael wrote:

> Hmm, maybe python-ldap sits on top of the wrong LDAP C lib? We
> currently do not have Win32 support and it's not thread-safe.
>
> In opposite iPlanet C SDK (see
> http://www.mozilla.org/directory/csdk.html) is known to be thread-safe
> and is available on various platforms. Unfortunately the API of the
> LDAP C SDKs diverged some much that it's unpossible to #ifdef the
> differences. It's a decision for either one of those.

Are you positively sure that's impossible to #ifdef the differences?
As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather like the idea of linking against
iPlanet/Mozilla/Netscape etc. who are the guys that brought out LDAP in
the first place.
Just a matter of personal taste ;-)

BTW, I had promised I'd look into the Win32 support (which means most of
all compiling OpenLDAP on Win32), and I still mean to try though I
haven't had a chance yet.

Mauro