_ldap problem and current resolution.

Joe Little jlittle at open-it.org
Tue Oct 2 18:32:43 CEST 2001

Early analysis of the problem:

OpenLDAP 2.0.11 does not exhibit this problem. The only other newer
versions of OpenLDAP that have been packaged by Open-IT are 2.0.14 and
2.0.15.

This likely means an API change in OpenLDAP that is subtle. I rebuilt my
RPMs against 2.0.15 and I still see the problem Christian Wiese noted.
However, regardless of OpenLDAP built against, the python-ldap module
works as long as the openldap 2.0.11 libraries are present. I will not
ascertain when this broke post 2.0.11. Likely it means that python-ldap
itself needs to address this condition, as it _currently_ appears to be
unrelated to the packaging. I of course may still be wrong on that note.