Solaris 8 & python_ldap for Zope/Python

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Tue Jul 31 17:49:10 CEST 2001

Robert,

sorry for answering so late.

Robert Craven wrote:

> Has anyone tried to get this to work?
>
> Sorry if this has been covered, I am new to the list.  I am
> trying to get Zope 2.4 + Python 2.1.1 + LDAP to work.
> The LDAP libraries native to Solaris 8 seem to be missing a real
> reference to ldap_name2template. At least that is what zope
> complains about when it starts up.  I have the
> python-ldap-1.10alpha3.  I have also tried to compile openldap
> (versions 1.2.12 and 2.0.11) without any real success.

I can't give you specific hints about building under Solaris 8 and
the native LDAP libs with Solaris 8 (AFAIK it's the Netscape LDAP
SDK).

But I'd suggest that you check out the latest snapshot of
python-ldap and try to build that against a local copy of the
OpenLDAP 1.2.12 tree. Support for OpenLDAP 2 libs is work in
progress and currently very experimental.

If you have problems the most promising way is to come up with the
build log on this mailing list.