python-ldap builds against OpenLDAP 2.0.11 but not 1.2.12

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Thu Jun 7 20:55:57 CEST 2001

David Leonard wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Michael Ströder typed thusly:
>
> > did you drop the support for builing python-ldap against OpenLDAP
> > 1.2.x?
>
> in my local tree, and for the future, yes.. but i havent committed
> anything into cvs about that though..

Are you sure you did not commit anything? The current CVS builds
against OpenLDAP 2.0. Unfortunately this breaks some important code
in web2ldap since I can't set options anymore.

Can we first make a release which definitely can be built against
OpenLDAP 1.2.12? I have troubles building python-ldap from CVS
against 1.2.12. configure fails on ldap_open check.

After making a cleanly working release there should be a CVS branch
made instead of just silently dropping support for 1.2.x.