[Python-ke] Python meetups & PyCon

Loek van Gent 1%CLUB loek at onepercentclub.com
Mon Feb 1 02:51:45 EST 2016

Hi all,

Great to hear python-nairobi meetup group has been revived and that the
reboot already took place at Nailab! How was the meetup/turnup?

I just got back from PyCon Namibia. It was a fantastic event. About 100
python enthusiast showed up. Roughly half op them being students of UNAM.
Other half professionals from Namibia and other African countries and some
(like myself) from Europe and even Canada and Brazil.
I think every attendee left the conference inspired and since the talks
were quite diverse in expertise level everyone got to learn something from
them.

I think meet-ups and conferences really strengthen the python community. I
hope the python-nairobi meetup was first of many. For me conferences and
meet-ups always were the place to renew and extend my knowledge of Python
and Django and to learn that many others struggle with the same problems,
or might even have wonderful solutions!

Now I'm back in dark and wintery Netherlands, but I'm sending you all the
warmth of Namibia!

Cheers,
Loek