[Python-ideas] Implement POSIX ln via shutil.link and shutil.symlink

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Wed May 29 11:48:04 EDT 2019

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 10:07:38PM +0700, Tom Hale wrote:
> They say silence is golden... But I'm still looking for some feedback on
> the below.

I think the first thing you need to do is respond to Serhiy's objection:

    Sorry, but I do not understand what problem do you try to solve. If
    somebody can create a file named link_name between unlink and
    symlink, he can also remove and create a file named link_name after
    symlink.

If Serhiy is correct, that completely undermines the primary motive for
adding this functionality.

--
Steven