[Python-ideas] Passing positional arguments as keyword arguments (to provide function arguments out of order)

Anders Hovmöller boxed at killingar.net
Wed May 15 01:36:57 EDT 2019

> On 15 May 2019, at 03:07, Robert Vanden Eynde <robertve92 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Currently if one wants to provide positional arguments after keyword arguments, it's not possible, one must begin with positional arguments [1] or use keyword arguments [2] :

I'm my opinion the goal should be that there is no such thing as positional only arguments in python. It's just a bad idea. No r al arguments that can be both positional or keyword at the call site, or keyword only. Those are good and make sense. Adding a third option is just added complexity.

/ Anders