[Python-ideas] New explicit methods to trim strings

Anders Hovmöller boxed at killingar.net
Mon Mar 25 08:24:47 EDT 2019

I think this is a terrible idea. I also think it's a mistake that python uses + for string concatenation and * for string repeat. You end up with type errors far from the first place you could have had the crash! That ship has obviously sailed buy we shouldn't make even more mistakes in the same vain because we have some Stockholm syndrome with the current state of the language, or for a misplaced ideal of consistency.