[Python-ideas] Add list.join() please

Jamesie Pic jpic at yourlabs.org
Tue Jan 29 16:51:26 EST 2019

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 9:50 PM Chris Barker via Python-ideas
<python-ideas at python.org> wrote:
> I would think "assembling strings", though there is a lot out there already.

Which one do you prefer ?

> So in the end, join really does only make sense as string method.

What do you think of list.stringify(delim) ?

Thanks for your reply, I recon using paths does make the article more
confusing, it was meant as an example to illustrate common problems
that a programmer caring about user experience are like. It makes the
article look like the point was to build crossplatform paths, and
distracts the user from the whole purpose of assembling a string with
code.

Have a great day ;)