[Python-ideas] Single line single expression try/except syntax

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Mon Jan 28 02:46:23 EST 2019

Steven D'Aprano writes:

 > (By the way, since Guido's retirement as BDFL, any major proposal
 > doesn't have to just convince him, but a committee of people (as
 > yet unselected).

I don't read the governance PEPs that way, FWIW.  A major proposal
needs to convince "Python Dev", as summarized, interpreted, and guided
by either such a committee or by that committee's BDFL-Delegate.  This
has been the custom for quite a while; I don't think Guido has been a
micro-manager in this millennium  ;-), although the BDFL-Delegate
custom is "only" about a decade old.

Steve