[Python-ideas] Multi-line string indentation

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 11:18:51 EST 2019

On Thu, 7 Feb 2019 at 18:21, Mike Miller <python-ideas at mgmiller.net> wrote:
> Anyone still interested in this?

It feels like a nice idea to me, when reading the proposals. However,
in all of the code I've ever written in Python (and that's quite a
lot...) I've never actually had a case where I this feature would have
made a significant difference to the code I wrote. Maybe that says
more about my coding style than about the usefulness of the feature,
but personally I don't think it's worth it.

Paul

PS Although I could probably have said something similar about
f-strings, and now I use them all the time. Language design is hard
;-)