[Python-ideas] What factors led Guido to quit?

Ryan Gonzalez rymg19 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 13:31:49 EST 2019

- This is a mailing list for discussing ideas for Python, not theorizing
about personal reasons for leaving a community, nor for writing prompts.
- I would argue he left largely just due to people's influence outside this
direct community, but also as a sort of "sign" that it was time to go. That
being said, we don't know for sure, because of course we don't live his
life, and speculating will get us nowhere.
- I seriously doubt he's going to come back.
- Antoine is one of the authors of PEP 8002 (the new governance PEP) and
has previously received a community service award for his many
contributions.

--
Ryan (ライアン)
Yoko Shimomura, ryo (supercell/EGOIST), Hiroyuki Sawano >> everyone else