[Python-ideas] Moving to another forum system where moderation is possible

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Thu Sep 20 14:04:05 EDT 2018

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 6:24 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull <
turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp> wrote:

> And that's exactly what a mute on replies does.  Most people will just
> give up, which is appropriate.  People who have (what they think is) a
> good reason to continue can start a new thread with a link to the old
> one.  Hardly a prohibitive barrier, if you're willing to risk banning.
>
> I think this "feature" will do what people generally think it does:
> provide a strong signal to stop the discussion, and back that up with
> a fail-safe (if you *do* hit reply, it won't work).

Hmm -- I don't suppose Mailman has a way to filter out threads, does it? If
not, maybe we could add that -- might work well in cases like this.

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov