[Python-ideas] Moving to another forum system where moderation is possible

Mark E. Haase mehaase at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 09:05:33 EDT 2018

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 8:09 AM Oleg Broytman <phd at phdru.name> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 01:46:10PM +0400, Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer <
> arj.python at gmail.com> wrote:
> > i miss a +1 button
>
>    It's absence is a big advantage. We're not a social network with
> "likes". We don't need a bunch of argumentless "voting"

I would also appreciate a +1 button. Many e-mails to this list do nothing
more than say +1 or -1 without much added discussion. It's difficult to
keep track of all these disparate, unstructured votes in threads that
contain a hundred e-mails and spin off into subthreads. There are also a
lot of lurkers who don't want to gum up inboxes with +1's and -1's, so
users of the list.

GitHub added +1 and -1 buttons for exactly this reason: to reduce needless
comment on Issues and Pull Requests.

(If I could have +1'ed Abdur-Rahmaan's e-mail, I wouldn't have written this
response.)