[Python-ideas] Moving to another forum system where moderation is possible

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Tue Sep 18 20:42:48 EDT 2018

On Tue, 2018-09-18 at 18:07 -0400, David Mertz wrote:
> Since 1972, there have been hundreds of reinventions of a means of
> carying on electronic conversations intended to be "better than
> email." The one thing they all have in common is that they are vastly
> worse than email.

I don't 100% agree with that.

E.g., there are better protocols when you need real-time conversations,
because (internet) email isn't necessarily good at that (by design).

And I'm sure there are other circumstances or purposes where another
protocol/standard is more appropriate.

But in general, email is pretty good.  :)

--
Jan Claeys