[Python-ideas] Moving to another forum system where moderation is possible

James Lu jamtlu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 14:49:26 EDT 2018

I agree completely.

I propose Python register a trial of Stack Overflow Teams. Stack Overflow Teams is essentially your own private Stack Overflow. (I will address the private part later.) Proposals would be questions and additions or criticism would be answers. You can express your support or dissent of a proposal using the voting. Flags and reviews can be used to moderate.

Stack Overflow Chat can be used for quick and casual discussion, and also to move irregular or irrelevant discussions away from the main site.

Although the Stack Overflow platform is typically used for technical Q&A, there is precedent for using it as a way to discuss proposals: this is precisely what Meta Stack Overflow dies and it’s seen decent success.

Anyone can register a @python.org email. Stack Overflow Teams can be configured to allow anyone with a @python.org email join the python-ideas team.

I’m sure Stack Overflow Inc. is willing to grant Stack Overflow Teams to the PSF pro bono after the trial period expires.

You can configure stack overflow to get email notifications as well.