[Python-ideas] New PEP proposal -- Pathlib Module Should Contain All File Operations

Jason Maldonis jjmaldonis at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 14:43:52 EDT 2018

> Surely shutil is a *high* level modules.
> os is a low level module that shutil builds on.
> Adding the missing pieces to shutil would make it the place to go to do
> file operations.
> Pity its not called filelib.

Gotcha, thank you! shutil being a high level library complicates things...
So we have two "high-level" libraries (pathlib and shutil) and both of them
provide different pieces of useful functionality. Maybe I am starting to
see why this is complicated. Thanks for reading my above reply and taking
the time to respond.