[Python-ideas] Secure string disposal (maybe other inmutable seq types too?)

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sat Jun 23 22:04:10 EDT 2018

On Sat, Jun 23, 2018 at 09:54:43PM +0200, Christian Heimes wrote:

> If you need to protect sensitive data like private keys, then don't load
> them into memory of your current process. It's that simple. :)

How do ordinary Python programmers, like me, who want to do the Right
Thing but without thinking too hard about it (or years of study), do
this in a more-or-less platform independent way?

We have the secrets module that is supposed to be the "batteries
included" solution for sensitive data. Should it be involved?

--
Steve