[Python-ideas] Link accepted PEPs to their whatsnew section?

Brendan Barnwell brenbarn at brenbarn.net
Wed Jun 13 13:31:21 EDT 2018

On 2018-06-13 06:48, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> On 13 June 2018 at 11:06, Michael Selik <mike at selik.org
> <mailto:mike at selik.org>> wrote:
>
>     Google will probably fix this problem for you after dataclasses
>     become popular. The docs will gain a bunch of inbound links and the
>     issue will (probably) solve itself as time passes.
>

> Sometimes when reading a PEP it isn't especially clear exactly which
> version it landed in, or whether or not there were significant changes
> post-acceptance based on issues discovered during the beta period, though.
>
> So the idea of a "Release-Note" header that points to the version
> specific What's New entry seems like a decent idea to me (and may
> actually help the What's New section supplant the PEP in search results).

	I think that is a great idea.  I have definitely sometimes found myself
bouncing back and forth between the main documentation and the PEPs,
trying to cobble together an understanding of what the actual behavior is.

--
Brendan Barnwell
"Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no