[Python-ideas] slice[] to get more complex slices

Grégory Lielens gregory.lielens at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 07:26:56 EDT 2018

That would be even more direct....but it require syntax support, usefull
mainly for people doing multdim complex slicing (i.e numpy users). I may be
wrong, but I do not see it gain much support outside numpy...

slice[....] is probably much more easy to swallow for standard python
users, and almost as good imho.
It reuse getitem, so it imply the produced slice will behaves exactly like
it would if it was not stored/reused, and almost garantee it will be the
case indeed (even if the slice syntax is extended)

Getting this to work including a new module would be nice. Eventually,
having it standard is positive too, it means slice manipulation will become
more standardised.