[Python-ideas] Fix some special cases in Fractions?

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Thu Aug 30 04:38:20 EDT 2018

Neil Girdhar writes:

 > There are a lot of misunderstandings in this thread.  It's probably
 > best to start by reading up on the roots of unity (
 > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_of_unity).

That's not very polite, especially in context where somebody has
already conceded that his "wrong" was over the top.

Speaking of courtesy, please stop clean up your addressee list.  If
you don't, GoogleGroups spams people who reply with "you're not a
member".

 > same for the cube root I imagine if we had a cube root function  Let's call
 > that the principal cube root, which is always real for a
 > real-valued input.

That doesn't seem to be how Wolfram sees it:

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/PrincipalRootofUnity.html