[Python-ideas] File format for automatic and manual tests

Barry Scott barry at barrys-emacs.org
Wed Aug 8 05:25:40 EDT 2018

On Tuesday, 7 August 2018 22:57:51 BST Victor Porton wrote:
> This is an idea of a new PEP.
>
> I propose to create a portable file format which will list command line
> options to run Python scripts with dual purpose:

At the moment I solve this problem with various solutions, depending on
requirements.

* use python unittest
* add a test target to a makefile.
* write a bash script to run the tests and diff output if required
* on windows do the same with CMD scripts
* use python to run python in a subprocess that run the tests.

Given all these ways to solve the problem what extra are you looking for?

Barry