[Python-ideas] Make map() better

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Wed Sep 13 15:57:02 EDT 2017

Jason H schrieb am 13.09.2017 um 17:54:
> I'm rather surprised that there isn't a Iterable class which dict and list derive from.
> If that were added to just dict and list, I think it would cover 98% of cases, and adding Iterable would be reasonable in the remaining scenarios.

Would you then always have to inherit from that class in order to make a
type iterable? That would be fairly annoying...

The iterable and iterator protocols are extremely simple, and that's a
great feature.

And look, map() even works with all of them, without inheritance,
registration, and whatnot. It's so easy!

Stefan