[Python-ideas] Allow additional separator character in variables

Steve Barnes gadgetsteve at live.co.uk
Sun Nov 19 08:18:52 EST 2017

On 19/11/2017 11:20, Stephan Houben wrote:
> You think that's bad?
> https://github.com/reinderien/mimic/blob/master/README.md

> Abandon all hope ye who use Unicode.
>
> Op 19 nov. 2017 12:06 schreef "Antoine Pitrou" <solipsis at pitrou.net

You can get exactly the the same effect by typing command line examples
into MS-Word or Outlook and letting people copy and paste to the command
line, as both programs "helpfully" and erratically convert double quotes
to open/close curly double quote and minus into hyphen, etc. - I have
had a large number of cases where this has happened and even start many
of my utilities that are deployed to others with a fix parameter issues
function that undoes such substitutions in all of sys.argv just to cut
down on the number of "it doesn't work" complaints.
--
Steve (Gadget) Barnes
those of my employer.

---