[Python-ideas] Looking for input to help with the pip situation

Ivan Pozdeev vano at mail.mipt.ru
Tue Nov 7 08:28:11 EST 2017

On 07.11.2017 16:11, Paul Moore wrote:
> It is, but like any such approach (Cygwin is similar, in principle if
> not in execution) that makes one OS "look like" another, whether it's
> appropriate is very dependent on circumstances. Training potential
> Windows developers in a bash/Ubuntu style environment leaves them at a
> disadvantage when they need to develop for actual Windows
> environments.
Moreover, one of the key selling points of Python is that it can
interface with anything and everything found in any environment!
Rather than e.g. conjuring up a closed circle with own replacements for
everything than forces everyone into the lowest common denominator like
Java does.

*That's another key reason why I use & suggest using an installation
"native" to the system whenever possible.*
It's as close to "being an integral part of the environment rather than
rejecting it and creating an inferior copy" philosophy as one can get.

--
Regards,
Ivan