[Python-ideas] JavaScript-Style Object Creation in Python (using a constructor function instead of a class to create objects)

Sven R. Kunze srkunze at mail.de
Fri May 19 17:33:50 EDT 2017

Just one additional word about mixins:

we've been inspired by Django's extensive usage of mixins for their
class-based views, forms and model classes. For one, we defined more
mixins for those classes (like UrlMixin for view classes), and for
another we developed our own mixin infrastructure for domain-specific
classes.

In the end, a lot of our top-level classes (the ones actually used as
API etc.) look like plug'n'play + configuration:

class MyImportantThing(Mixin1, Mixin2, Base):
     url = 'blaa/asdf'
     next_foo = 234
     special_model = User

For example in this case, "url" might be the config parameter for
"Mixin1", "next_foo" for "Mixin2" and "special_model" is
required/recognized by "Base".

As you can imagine, testing is also easier.

Regards,
Sven