[Python-ideas] JavaScript-Style Object Creation in Python (using a constructor function instead of a class to create objects)

Sven R. Kunze srkunze at mail.de
Wed May 17 14:09:33 EDT 2017

Hi Stephan,

On 17.05.2017 08:49, Stephan Houben wrote:
> 2. Not subclassed from tuple. I have been bitten by this subclassing
> when trying to set up
>     singledispatch on sequences and also on my classes.

Would it make sense to have a 'simpleobject'? Which basically implements
a NamedTuple constructor but nothing more?

class Foo(simpleobject):
     attribute1: User
     attribute2: Blog
     attribute3: list

And if you need more __dunder__ magic, have it provided by some mixins?

class Foo(dictlike, tuplelike, simpleobject):
     attribute1: User
     attribute2: Blog
     attribute3: list

      def __my_dunder__(self):

I don't know exactly if some of those dictlike, tuplelike mixins are
already available in the stdlib under a different name, but at least to
me this looks like plug'n'play __dunder__ magic.

Sven