[Python-ideas] Security: remove "." from sys.path?

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 18:58:54 EDT 2017

> (AIUI, the *current directory* is never on Python's path, but the
*script directory* is. They're the same thing a lot of the time.)

Oh, it's very common that I run a script from its directory, so yeah script
directory = current directory on such case. Sorry for the confusion. You
are right, it's the script directory that it added to sys.path and I would
like to know if it would be possible to change that?

Victor