[Python-ideas] OS related file operations (copy, move, delete, rename...) should be placed into one module

Philipp A. flying-sheep at web.de
Thu Jan 12 04:36:58 EST 2017

Hi George,

While the old “let’s treat strings as paths” modules are split up like you
said, pathlib can do what they do and more:
https://docs.python.org/3/library/pathlib.html

It’s also prettier and easier to use, especially when using autocompletion
(just type “path.is<tab>” and see what you can test the path for)

Best, Philipp

George Fischhof <george at fischhof.hu> schrieb am Do., 12. Jan. 2017 um
10:06 Uhr: