[Python-ideas] Python reviewed

Simon Lovell simon58500 at bigpond.com
Tue Jan 10 00:29:06 EST 2017

Oh one last thing (I hope), the argument for having the current slice
notation by Dijkstra, that it looks messy to have a loop where the
contents are never executed or can no longer be executed is ridiculous!
That *should* look messy. for range(1,1): means executing once to me. If
you had 1 based, two of four of the other idioms would work the same:

s[:n] + s[n:] == s    // doesn't work. I don't think it should work though
len(s[:n]) == n       // works
len(s[:-n]) == n      // rather independent but would still work if
language is otherwise unchanged.
len(s[n:i]) == i - n  // doesn't work. Does it need to?

Rgds