[Python-ideas] Make partial a built-in

Stephan Houben stephanh42 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 03:02:18 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I would like to add that I don't believe that discoverability is
always better in the `builtins' module.

I personally had the experience of going over itertools, where
I found 'zip_longest', but I couldn't find a 'zip_shortest'.

Only after some googling I found out it was called `zip' and it lived in
`builtins'.

Stephan