[Python-ideas] unpacking generalisations for list comprehension

אלעזר elazarg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 16:33:29 EDT 2016

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 11:13 PM Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2. Can someone summarise the *other* arguments for the proposal? I'm
> genuinely struggling to recall what they are (assuming they exist).

My own argument was uniformity: allowing starred expression in other
places, and I claim that the None-aware operator "come out" naturally from
this uniformity.

I understand that uniformity is not held high as far as decision making
goes, and I was also kindly asked not to divert this thread, so I did not
repeat it, but the argument is there.

Elazar