[Python-ideas] Proposal for default character representation

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sun Oct 16 20:23:03 EDT 2016

On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 05:02:49PM +0200, Mikhail V wrote:

> In this discussion yes, but layout aspects can be also
> improved and I suppose special purpose of
> language does not always dictate the layout of
> code, it is up to you who can define that also.
> And glyphs is not very narrow aspect, it is
> one of the fundamental aspects. Also
> it is much harder to develop than good layout, note that.

This discussion is completely and utterly off-topic for this mailing
list. If you want to discuss changing the world to use your own custom
character set for all human communication, you should write a blog or a
book. It is completely off-topic for Python: we're interested in
improving the Python programming language, not yet another constructed
language or artifical alphabet:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shavian_alphabet

If you're interested in this, there is plenty of prior art.
See for example: Esperanto, Ido, Volapük, Interlingua, Lojban. But don't
discuss it here.

--
Steve