[Python-ideas] PEP8 dictionary indenting addition

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Wed Oct 12 13:40:59 EDT 2016

Steven D'Aprano writes:

 > I learned the hard way that if I don't put the breaking space at
 > the beginning of the next fragment, I probably wouldn't put it at
 > the end of the previous fragment either.

The converse applies in my case, so that actually doesn't matter to
me.  When I don't put it in, I don't put it in anywhere.

What does matter to me is that I rarely make spelling errors
(including typos) or omit internal spaces.  That means I can get away
with not reading strings carefully most of the time, and I don't.  But
omitted space at the joins of a continued string is frequent, and
frequently caught when I'm following skimming down a suite to the next
syntactic construct.  But spaces at end never will be.

Ie, space-at-beginning makes for more effective review for me.  YMMV.