[Python-ideas] Add a begins like wrapper to argparse

Yann Kaiser kaiser.yann at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 07:21:53 EDT 2016

(Full disclosure: I'm the developer of clize, another argument parser)

> you usually don't want to do a pip install just to run a script

I feel like this should be corrected instead. While I'm not advocating
script developers auto-install packages, it'd be nice to help "I just want
to ship a single 50-line file" people make better use of dependencies.

What if they want to use `requests` (of which the maintainer is, as I
understand it, leaning on the side of not including it in the stdlib) ?
It's even more likely than wishing for a different argument parser. I'm
sure there are other examples.

Including another lib in the stdlib (of which there are already 3
alternatives in!) is merely delaying this general issue.
--
Yann Kaiser
kaiser.yann at gmail.com
yann.kaiser at efrei.net