[Python-ideas] Smoothing transition to Python 3

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sat Jun 4 19:37:40 EDT 2016

The bytes -> int behavior is widely considered a mistake. We're just
not able to fix it without yet another round of layoffs ^W
deprecations. And I'm not ready for that -- not even Python 4 should
be allowed to change this unilaterally. Though maybe we could do
something with a __future__ import.

On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 4:29 PM,  <tritium-list at sdamon.com> wrote:

> [...]

--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)